The Internet is riddled with Top 5 lists or whichever number is trending so I figure I will post one too. Where does this wanderer like to wander? Aside from just about everywhere I do have some faves. As I continue to traverse the globe I suspect this list will change though this is the list currently.
It’s all about the cities. I have to say I prefer cities and the energy found within them. Of course small towns and nature are phenomenal and even entire countries I find amazing, though today it’s about the urban landscape.
Here they are:
- PARIS – Paris! Paris! Paris! Arguably the most beautiful city on the planet, I always find wandering in Paris a joy. The art, the history and vibe.
- ISTANBUL – An extremely close second, Istanbul took my breath away with its history, architectural beauty and culture.
- CHICAGO – Not only did I have a fab time in the Windy City I adored its arts, buildings and that deep dish pizza
- BUDAPEST – Not only does Budapest offer a gorgeous and clean city there is much to do. Caving nearby, history, ruin bars & thermals baths makes for a very fun city!
- GEORGETOWN (a.k.a. Penang) & BELGRADE – tied for 5th as I was unable to decide. Both so different yet equally cool. Penang’s street art and street food within a chill atmosphere compared to Belgrade’s history, great people and fun nightlife made it a definite tie.
There you go. My current top 5 cities. Next up will be my fav countries.
All photos taken and owned by Eeva Valiharju / Wanders the World
Top row (L – R): Paris, Istanbul, Chicago
Bottom row: Budapest, Belgrade, me on boat in Belgrade, Georgtown (Penang)