Transplanted from northwestern Ontario, Canada I am now a bona fide west coast BC girl dreaming of the world. I love to travel. I did fair bit of travelling years ago. I then took a hiatus to return to school and start my second career. I then set my sights on going RTW (Round-The-World). I began my journey on 16Nov14 and travelled until 26Jun15. I visited mainly Europe and India and I called it my “Big Trip”. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Although I did not make is around the world, I now know the meaning of the saying “it’s the journey, not the destination”. Since then I have crossed a couple of oceans and continents all so that I can wander. I am in the planning and saving stage of another extended travel trip, hopefully in the next several years. That travel bug has not left but become a part of my DNA. This blog is a small record of my travels, of places around the globe, and a bit of what is going on in my home city Vancouver, BC. It serves as a small collection of my experiences, lessons learned, and my thoughts. And a few pictures too. I hope you enjoy this little corner of the blog world and feel free to comment on my posts or ask questions.
MEMORABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCES
- Completing the Camino de Santiago (Camino Frances) in 2019
- Falling in love with Ireland!
- Seeing the Taj Mahal for the first time – it was hot, humid, crowded yet that all fell aside when I laid my eyes on it
- Climbing up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower while my companions chose to take the elevator and I beat them to the top. Then we drank champagne as it was my birthday
- Buying a subway ticket at the ticket machine in Prague ALL BY MYSELF (I did not notice the English instructions posted on a very small area until after the fact)
- Spending St Patrick’s Day in Dublin with some amazing new friends.
- Snorkelling in Jamaica and being surrounded by hundreds of colourful fish
- Hot air ballooning in both Myanmar and Jordan
- Spending my afternoons on a scooter and seeing the temples of Bagan
- Laughing so hard it hurt while travelling through Malaysia with probably the best travel companion ever and our new friends.
- Eating the best homemade Indian food in Punjab, India
- Visiting the BBC’s Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff, Wales and “flying” the T.A.R.D.I.S. I love that show!
- Truly realizing how little I know of this world and the little I have seen and striving to learn and see more.
- Sleeping on the sidewalks in front of train stations in Paris and Vienna because travel plans failed.
- Fulfilling my “Iconic Building Bucket List” and seeing: the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Petronas Twin Towers, Pyramids of Giza, and the Treasury at Petra.
- SO MANY MORE TO COME!
Some of my highlights:
Alaska with Tauck Bridges- think of it as cruise but replace the boat with a bus
Costa Rica- Monteverde Reserves was incredible- hiked and did the canopy tour. Yes, other highlights.
England’s Bristol Pilgrimage- our family church choir was in residence at Bristol Cathedral (family and friends could join)
The ones that automatically come to mind
Your adventure sound incredible! I’ll have to check those out.
Here is Alaska:
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I am nominating you for the Liebster award: https://drawmymap.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/liebster-award/
Found you on Instagram and have come across to say hello here on your blog 🙂
Will be keen to follow your RTW!!
Happy travels and happy blogging 🙂
Hello! Glad to have you following my travels. I hope you enjoy my blog.