Transplanted from northwestern Ontario, Canada I am now a bona fide west coast BC girl dreaming of the world. I love to travel. I did fair bit of travelling years ago. I then took a hiatus to return to school and start my second career. I then set my sights on going RTW (Round-The-World). I began my journey on 16Nov14 and travelled until 26Jun15. I visited mainly Europe and India and I called it my “Big Trip”. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Although I did not make is around the world, I now know the meaning of the saying “it’s the journey, not the destination”. Since then I have crossed a couple of oceans and continents all so that I can wander. I have also walked Spain’s Camino de Santiago which has left me wanting to walk more pilgrimages and trails. The travel bug has certainly become a part of my DNA. This blog is a small record of my travels, of places around the globe, and a bit of what is going on in my home city Vancouver, BC. It serves as a small collection of my experiences, lessons learned, and my thoughts. And a few pictures too. I hope you enjoy this little corner of the blog world and feel free to comment on my posts or ask questions.
During this time of the pandemic I am not travelling internationally. Domestically, I travel only when it is deemed safe, though I am still dreaming & planning.
MEMORABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCES
- Completing the Camino de Santiago (Camino Frances) in 2019
- Falling in love with Ireland!
- Seeing the Taj Mahal for the first time – it was hot, humid, crowded yet that all fell aside when I laid my eyes on it
- Climbing up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower while my companions chose to take the elevator and I beat them to the top. Then we drank champagne as it was my birthday
- Buying a subway ticket at the ticket machine in Prague ALL BY MYSELF (I did not notice the English instructions posted on a very small area until after the fact)
- Spending St Patrick’s Day in Dublin with some amazing new friends.
- Snorkelling in Jamaica and being surrounded by hundreds of colourful fish
- Hot air ballooning in both Myanmar and Jordan
- Spending my afternoons on a scooter and seeing the temples of Bagan
- Laughing so hard it hurt while travelling through Malaysia with probably the best travel companion ever and our new friends.
- Eating the best homemade Indian food in Punjab, India
- Visiting the BBC’s Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff, Wales and “flying” the T.A.R.D.I.S. I love that show!
- Truly realizing how little I know of this world and the little I have seen and striving to learn and see more.
- Sleeping on the sidewalks in front of train stations in Paris and Vienna because travel plans failed.
- Fulfilling my “Iconic Building Bucket List” and seeing: the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Petronas Twin Towers, Pyramids of Giza, and the Treasury at Petra.
- SO MANY MORE TO COME!