The South Asian island country of Sri Lanka has been on my travel list for a bit now. Despite not knowing too much about this destination (yet) I have been intrigued and enamoured by the photos that have crossed my eyes. So when I began my research for this post I thought I would pick one place and focus on that. I couldn’t. So much to see and do that I had to focus on the whole country itself (although I don’t think my little post will do it justice). Sri Lanka seems like a great place to go. I won’t list every place and sight though I did find this wiki helpful. So what can you expect to see, do and experience in Sri Lanka? Here are a few suggestions that I found:
- A warm tropical climate (and some rain)
- Eight UNESCO World Heritage sights such as the sacred city of Kandy and Sigiriya, an ancient rock fortress
- Beaches galore for worshipers
- Surfing is very popular here. Surf season varies depending on which coast you choose to ride the waves. Many place offer board rentals
- Other outdoor activities such as white water rafting, snorkeling, trekking and cycling are prominent activities as well
- Cricket games – it is a much loved game here
- Temples and pagodas abound and can be visited though please respect the sights by adhering to guidelines such as being covered up or removing your shoes
- Food – Sri Lankan food is influenced by its long history with a blend of flavours and often brings on the heat
Sounds great and it has climbed up higher on my travel bucket list.
Reblogged this on Lincoln Life Blog.