Another Top 5 for ya! This time round will be my favourite countries that I’ve wandered about. This differs from my favorite cities because in many cases I have only seen one city within a country. This in turn does not always give me a feel for the whole nation. Of the countries listed, I have visited at least two locales, if not more. And as always, this list is in flux as I continue to travel and see more.
- IRELAND – How I love this country. It’s lush and green and stunning. I feel comfortable there. I did not think I could love a place as much as Paris yet Ireland swept me away. I want to move here. It is my happy place.
- Myanmar – I did not know what to expect from Myanmar really. I had done some research yet still I did not know how it would go. It went with love, that is how it went. Even though I had some tummy issues, was harangued by locals to buy items, and was only so-so about Yangon (though I loved Bagan), I was still mesmerized by this place. When I think of it I am back there with a smile.
- India – I dream of returning to India to see more of it. My visit was like a tease even though it was a month long. India plays on all your senses. It is crazy, it is chaotic, it is beautiful, it is loud, it is colourful, it draws you in and I can’t wait for that to happen again.
- United Kingdom – For a small island there is plenty to see and do. I just really like the U.K. So much of it is old, it has history (well compare to Canada) which is something I love to learn about anywhere I go. And Scotland has amazing whisky so that should just sum it up.
- Canada – Yes, I know. I was born and raised in Canada. I can (and do) love it. This is a vast and varied country. I have not seen nearly as much as I’d like though that will change. The natural beauty here is some of the best in the world.
All photos taken and owned by Eeva Valiharju / Wanders The World