Although Dubai is likely the most well know of the seven emirates of the UAE (United Arab Emirates) it is Abu Dhabi that is the country’s capital along with being the second most populous city. As well, it is a locale that has a variety of activities for visitors — it seems one would not be bored during a visit. It certainly has caught my eye as a future place to visit. Here is a sampling of what you can do and see.
Theme Parks & Mega Parks
These fun attractions will no doubt keep you entertained and wowed the whole day through. And many of these are located on Abu Dhabi’s famed Yas Island.
- Ferrari World – home to Ferrari driving experiences, the world’s fastest roller coaster, and thrills of all kinds
- Heritage Theme Park – a cultural and historical park showcasing the Emirates history
- Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi – fun for families of all ages
- Yas WaterWorld – slides, rides, and waves will keep you cool
- Yas Marina Circuit – all things race cars — even get behind the wheel on a Formula 1 track
Attractions & Activities
- Jebel Hafit Desert Park – part of the Al Ain UNESCO World Heritage Site, connect with history, archaeology and the outdoors
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – a beautifully detailed mosque of 82 domes, visitors can book a free tour to see the stunning building
- Khalifa Park – designed to offer relaxation with garden spaces, a cultural library, a maritime museum and more, visitors can unwind in this area
- Louvre Abu Dhabi – take time to explore art and culture at this museum
- The Corniche – stroll along this 8 km / 5 mi waterfront walkway that offers cafes, restaurants, beach access, and children’s play areas
- Qasr al-Hosn – learn of Abu Dhabi’s history at its oldest stone building
- Desert Safaris – popular excursions that often include exhilarating drives over dunes, camel rides, and a tasty meal in a desert oasis
- Shopping – there is no lack of shopping opportunities with grand malls and local souks
Stretching your legs and being active appears to be an easy task in this locale. With a number of golf courses one can test if their golf swing is on par. Getting out snorkelling and diving is plentiful along with kayaking, kite boarding, paddle boarding, and sailing. Afterwards you can rest on some of the wonderful beaches to take in the sun. Horse riding is another popular activity one can partake in. Falconry has a long history in the UAE and Abu Dhabi and learning of it can be interesting experience.
As you can see, there is much to experience in the capital of the UAE. Not far from Dubai, you can even visit both in one visit should you plan it so.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this blog is for entertainment purposes only and does not provide legal, medical or any other professional advice. Reading this blog is of your own choice and any information that you choose to use from this blog is at your own risk. All opinions listed are my own and I have not received any compensation from nor am I responsible for the actions of any company or website listed. I assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
Please leave a reply